Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Official Unemployment

After 10 years of working in the public school system, I have decided to resign in order to be a stay at home mom to my precious miracle child, Sydney. In order to celebrate this monumental decision, I am starting a blog about my new adventure. I know that many may think my decision is an unwise career move, and that it doesn't make much sense to leave a great job with flexibility and benefits, but, I believe it is the right choice for me at this point in my life.

I don't see the public school system going anywhere anytime soon, so job security is not an issue. What is at stake here is enjoying every second of my child's formative years and making sacrifices in order to be available to her during daily teachable moments. Preschool will come soon enough...the harsh realities of this life will soon surface...so I am seizing the day. She will only be this age once, and this time will be fleeting.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congratulations!! The joys of being a stay-at-home mom are endless.