Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Breathing the Breath


As I rocked Sydney this morning, I listened to her softly breathing. It's amazing how the Lord designed our bodies to do so many miraculous things involuntarily...our hearts beat steadily and our lungs breathe continually in order to sustain our lives. What an awe-inspiring God we serve. His creative genius never ceases to amaze me. Even in the womb, babies practice breathing! I remember watching Sydney take in breaths of fluid during an ultrasound and I was so intrigued.


Then, the song "Breathing the Breath" started playing on the CD player. It is by Matt Redman and it always moves me to tears. His music is so thought provoking.


"We have nothing to give that didn’t first come from Your hands, We have nothing to offer You which You did not provide
Every good, perfect gift comes from your kind and gracious heart, and all we do is give back to You, What always has been Yours
Lord, we’re breathing the breath that You gave us to breathe.
To worship You, to worship You
And we’re singing these songs with the very same breath, to worship you, to worship you."

It reminds me of the scripture in Acts 17:25, NKJV - “Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.”

Today I give Him glory for my breath, for that is why He gave me breath.


No comments: