Sunday, July 24, 2011

Road Trip - Part 3 "Great Aunt Ellen Had a Farm"

My mom's mother has a sister.

Her name is Ellen. Which would make her my mom's Aunt Ellen. And my Great Aunt Ellen...and Sydney's Great Great Aunt Ellen.
Which is entirely appropriate 'cause she is REALLY great.

Ellen is married to Pete. They have a farm and live out in the country. Their farm is scaled down from what it used to be, but still, it is a gorgeous piece of country that you would see in a magazine.
Gorgeous, eh?

While we were visiting my grandma and the shoe store in Missouri, we went out to visit Aunt Ellen. And it inspired me to write a song about our visit. It is to the tune of Old MacDonald Had a Farm, so feel free to hum as you read.
Great Aunt Ellen had a farm.
E-I-E-I-Oh!
And on that farm she had some horses, E-I-E-I-Oh!
There were 3 little horses
And Sydney really liked 'em
They had really cool names,
But can't remember what they were...
Great Aunt Ellen had a farm,
E-I-E-I-Oh!

And on that farm, she had some cows.
E-I-E-I-Oh!
With a moo, moo here..
And a mad lookin' cow there
Big black cows that
looked kinda scary
Great Aunt Ellen had a farm, E-I-E-I-Oh!

And on that farm, she had a swing, E-I-E-I-Oh!
And the little girl swang, and she swang, and she swang
She swang in the breeze and talked about the trees
Great Aunt Ellen had a farm, E-I-E-I-Oh!

And on that farm, she had cats and dogs, E-I-E-I-Oh!
With a Kitty Mew Mew here
And a doberman named Joy there
Who played with a coffee can,
And was really crazy,

Great Aunt Ellen had a farm, E-I-E-I-Oh!  

And on that farm, she had a beautiful stocked pond, E-I-E-I-Oh!
And a paddle boat too,
In which Gigi tried to fish
With water spiders everywhere
And a kid without a care
Great Aunt Ellen had a farm, E-I-E-I-Oh!

And on that farm, Gigi actually caught a fish, E-I-E-I-Oh!
Which Syd had to kiss

which flipped it's fin in her face
Which made her laugh at loud


Which entertained the entire crowd

Great Aunt Ellen had a farm,

E-I-E-I-Oh! 



No comments: