Monday, July 5, 2010

Letter Writing

I think I shall write a letter.

A letter to Merriam & Webster...

I shall propose that they add a picture to accompany a particular phrase found in the dictionary.

You know...a picture to go along with the sentences that are used to fully illustrate the multiple meanings words.
Main Entry: cheesy

Pronunciation: \ˈchē-zē\

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): chees·i·er; chees·i·est

Date: 14th century

1 a : resembling or suggesting cheese especially in consistency or odor b : containing cheese

2 : shabby 3: cheap 4: insincere, silly
— chees·i·ness: noun

Yes, I think either of these gorgeous snapshots will help fully illustrate the depths of the  meaning of the word, "Cheesy."

And since I'm on the subject of cheesiness and letter writing, I think I shall write an additional letter to the Gerber baby food company and suggest they make the Little Crunchies snacks in huge, economy-sized cans that I can purchase at Sam's on a monthly basis for an astronmical price. Between Chris and Sydney, we go through 3-4 cans a week. I can't keep him out of them and she inhales them like the air she breathes.
Ahhh...the power of the pen!

No comments: