Monday, July 12, 2010

First Things First

There is something amazing about starting each day with a few quiet moments. A time to read your Bible, pray, and meditate on the goodness of God.

It is absolutely incredible how different your day turns out if you just spend some time with your Savior, your Creator, your Lord... each morning.

Isn't the one who formed your soul worth a few minutes of your precious time? I think so.

I hear people say, "Oh, I say my prayers at night before I go to bed. That covers it." To them I'd like to say, "Yep, and your dead dog tired and can't think straight and probably fall asleep while attempting to "pray."

Give God the best part of your day! Give him the morning time before anybody else gets up...when the house is quiet and still and you can focus on all the good things God has given you and how wonderful He is. Yes, it is tough for me to get up before the baby does...but, if my Savior can walk in excruciating pain down the Via Dolorosa with blood streaming down his face, what is keeping me from setting an alarm clock? I have no excuse.

Today, I'd like to share with you a portion of a song I wrote 11 years ago. It is called "Half Way."

I was here this morning, where were you?
Don't I deserve a piece of your precious time?
I can't force you to rearrange your priorities.
I cannot make you commune with Me.

Forgiven you, I've saved you, You're redeemed.
Is it not good enough?
How can our relationship grow if we seldom talk?
You say the words, but can you walk the walk?

Can't you even meet me half-way?
I've done my part, I've poured out my heart.
I've reached down with mercy, I've rescued your soul.
But you've got to meet Me half-way.

No comments: