Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tough Decisions...But Not Really


This ultrasound pic was taken 2 months ago, so I know for a fact that Dill Pickle does NOT look like this anymore, but it is for Dill Pickle, that I have made a decision.

I am going to stay home next year with Dill Pickle and the Sydinator.
Let me stop here and say I have NOTHING against working moms. My mom worked when I was a newborn (cause she had to for financial reasons), I worked a contract job when Syd was an infant (cause I needed to), and I have many mama friends that work (because it is a necessity). So, let's get that said right here and now. No hate mail, please.

Our current situation is conducive to my staying at home. I am 35 years old and have been in the education business since I was 20. You do the math...I've had the career thing in place for a while now. I've taught many different grades in 4 different districts and have loved every (well almost every) minute of it. I have spent countless hours worrying over, babying, praying for, nurturing, loving, working with, and pouring into OTHER peoples' children. It is my calling. I am unashamed.

But now, I am going to pour into MY children.
I am going to worry over, pray for, baby, nurture, love, and work with MY children.
I am going to sign up to send cookies, plan parties, chaperone trips, and volunteer for MY children.
It is my duty as a mama.

Yep, we may have to cut back in some areas.
We may not get to go out to eat much.
We may not be able to afford EXTRA stuff.
We may even (GASP) have to do without cable/satellite TV
(which we have NEVER had in 11 years of marriage.) Talk about a WASTE of money.

I have been asked, "What about your teacher retirement?"
Uh, what about it?
I have been asked, "What about the kids that want you as a teacher next year?"
Uh, I am not the only caring teacher in the world.
I have been asked, "Aren't you going to get bored?"
Uh, no.

So, there you have it an easy, yet tough decision and I thank God everyday that he has blessed us with the financial means to make this decision.

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19


1 comment:

Michy said...

Beautiful...got my heart at that one. How old is Sydinator? Momma's little helper for a little one?? :) I too was a teacher before staying home...my certification renewal is sitting and sitting beside me as we speak; I know I need to do it for the future, but it's beyond my focus now! There is absolutely nothing like learning with and teaching your own little one. CONGRATS CONGRATS on being a stay at home mom...
God has blessed you!!!
Michy