Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Favoreet Thangs

Welcome to "My Favorite Things"

This is the "School's Almost Out for the Love of All that is Good and Holy Edition" of "My Favorite Things"

This is how I am going to survive the next 4.5 weeks.


 Candy coated Sunflower Seeds...Addiction in a clear plastic tube.
The only place in my town that sells these wicked delights is a boutique.
And you KNOW the prices that run amok in boutiques.
This minuscule tube runs about $4.25.
Which means that each succulent seed is about 18 cents.
But, it does not prevent me from knockin 'em back like my life depends upon them.
These trivial treats will assist me to the end of this school year.
My Passport IQ.
It's a radar detector...It's a laser detector...It's a micro/infrared/gamma ray/cosmic beam/space alien zapping
box of electronical wonderment.
But most importantly, it keeps me on the straight and narrow.
And least importantly, it's a GPS.
It's an all in one car companion.
It is not cheap. It was a gift from my husband who was tired of me getting pulled over for driving awards.
He's one to talk.
He could wallpaper the Louvre with HIS driving awards.
Nevertheless,
I love it. I shall marry it one day.

The Melissa & Doug wooden puzzle to rival ALL wooden puzzles.
It has hinges. It opens and shuts.
Which is an activity that my 2 year old enjoys IMMENSELY!
If it is open, she slams shuts it.
It is ajar, she slams closes it gently.
If it is out of place, she gingerly returns it to it's rightful place.
No cabinet door is safe in my house.
No desk drawer is safe.
Heck, no toilet lid is safe.

AND...
inside each little door is an object (a magnetic object I might add)
that she can take out and put back in to her heart's content.
She played with this puzzle for 1.75 hours this morning.
I kid you not.
Open.
Shut.
Whine. (repeat)
THIS puzzle will help me make it to the end with my sanity. 

When I ordered this humdinger, the Sonic order taker upper was bumfuddled.
"You want a WHAT?"
"I want a cherry limeade lemonade sweet tea slush."
"Uh..can we do those?"
"Yes. Your commercial promises me you can."
"Uh..let me check."
(30 seconds of silence..a few crickets chirping)
"Well, yes, I guess we can."
"I thought so."
(muffled chuckle from Sonic order taker upper)
"It is one of your 668,133 drink combinations you boast about."
(muffled disgusted grunt from Sonic gal)

This bad boy will help me tremendously through the last days...especially when I can nab it for half price during the 2-4 Happy Hour of Heaven.



It may be sideways in the photo, but it is straight up and down in my heart.
Honey Pear Cider from Scentsy.
Who would've thought that melted wax over a bulb would make one family kajillions of dollahs?
I have a sensitive nose and I can only handle certain fragrances.
Magnolia? YECH. Dogwood? BLEH.
Florals of any kind? GAG.
But, this my friend, smells like God's living room.
I would bathe in it.
I would spray it on.
LOVE this scent.
It makes me happy, calm, tranquil, delirious, and elevates my mood.
For $5.00, it thrills me.
And, if you're too cheap to buy an official warmer, a $2.00 candle warmer from Wal-Mart and a Pyrex dish work GREAT!

Here's to SUMMER and my favorite THANGS!

No comments: