Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More Than Just a Scribble

I cried today...unexpectedly.

And no, not because my hormones are out of whack or because I was feeling weepy.

I cried tears of joy today from a thankful heart, bursting with gratitude and appreciation for what the Lord has done for me.

And if He never does anything else for me, He's done more than I can ever ask, hope, or dream because He saved my soul.

Everything else is just frosting on the cake...and I'm glad my God likes frosting. He loves blessing his people with eternal blessings that do not fade away.

I cried when I saw this paper today in Sydney's folder. It is her first official drawing. I hung it on the fridge immediately. Do you know HOW LONG I HAVE WAITED to hang a "drawing" that my child completed on the fridge? I may never take it off, since it is the FIRST one.

Doesn't look like much, does it?

But to me, it is a masterpiece.

This scribble to me screams, "ANSWERED PRAYER."

It is way more than just a scribble. It is a reminder of my miracle working, way-making, amazing God.

Can I get a witness?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So sweet!

valjeff said...

I completely understand how you feel! Precious!