Saturday, September 12, 2009

Love the way...

Sydney,
I love the way...

- you smile and coo when your daddy gets you out of bed in the morning

- you touch my face and look at me intently when I sing to you

- everyone you meet gets your sweet smile

- we rock and snuggle in the overstuffed glider chair and then fall asleep

- my life has changed in such a wonderful way

- I get to share the testimony of your birth with people who need encouragement

- you say, "hmmm" after each bite of your food, like it is the best stuff you've ever eaten

- you squeal with delight when you see Rowdy, Rags, or Simeon

- you sleep ALL night long

- you've brought out the sweet, soft side of your dad

Even though there are many challenges of parenthood ahead, I will always love being your mom and will thank God everyday for bringing you to our world.

No comments: