Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Night O'Clock!

I'm a little persnickety when it comes to bedtimes around here. We folks here at the Chambers' household believe in  REST.

And especially when it comes to the little person that lives here. She goes to bed at straight up 8 o'clock if not earlier.

I am OCD about getting her to bed because a rested child is a happy child, and a rested mommy, is a happy mommy, and a rested husband is a rarity.

So...on those occasions when bedtime is delayed, I fight feelings of irritation and find myself hollering, "Syd! It's nearly nine o'clock...you have GOT to go to BED!"

So, this evening, as I was cajoling Syd towards the bedroom, she stopped, looked at me and said, "Mommy, I know...it's night o'clock. I gotta go to bed."

Yes, dear. It is night o'clock and we ALL need to go to bed.

No comments: