Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sister Jealousy

It's days like today that make me wish I had a sister.

Somebody to call and talk to that really understands...in a sister kind of way.

I don't have a sister. Just a brother. And I LOVE my brother. I really do. He is a generous, kind, and quiet person. He is pretty darn cool.

But, he is not a sister.

I have many friends who all have sisters. And yes, they gripe about their sisters sometimes, but I can tell from the way they talk that they really LOVE their sisters and are thankful for them.

So, if you have a sister, thank God for her. If you have a brother, thank God for him, too.

I can't imagine being an only child. What a heavy burden to have to bear all by yourself. I mean...you're IT! If something happens, there's nobody sibling wise to call.

So, today, I am giving thanks for my sister wannabe's. Those gals who are like sisters to me. Who aren't afraid to tell me like it is, but will do absolutely anything for me.

And if that applies to you, thanks for being my pseudo sister..

And, why not end this sisterly post with a random pic of my girl in a big pink chair giving me her best "i'm up to something" look.

I hope she gets to be a big sister someday.

No comments: