Thursday, February 3, 2011

Icky

Never in my living born days have I EVER had so many icky illnesses in one winter season.

EVER...never ever...I'm always the one who is at work EVERY day looking down my righteous healthy nose at all the sickies wondering, "What the heck is wrong with THEM? They are sick ALL the time....Ewww."  Well...serves me right I guess.

It started with the stomach bug which I can only compare to having your innards smashed by a bowling ball while having every joint in your body wrenched out of socket and having to grab the porcelain throne at the same time... I had the privilege of having this bug not once, but twice.

Then, the upper respiratory infection set in.
Then I sneezed 432 times in 3 days when the allergy attack hit.
Then, the head cold from Hades came to visit.
Then, I couldn't breathe for a week due to a flare up of pleurisy.

And then today, my doc said, "Well, yep..you have the flu...and lucky for you it is too late to take Tamiflu so you get to endure several more days of misery. Oh, and you have a kidney infection to boot. Would you like fries with that?"

My doc doesn't believe in medicating you unless absolutely necessary, so here I sit thinking about placing a help wanted ad in the paper for someone to come entertain my child for say...the next 4 days.

Then, maybe, I can recuperate or at least slip into semi-unconsciousness. Right now, the unconscious choice is lookin' pretty darn promising. And tonight, we are expecting ice and snow and very cold temperatures, so no work tomorrow for me, anyway.

Achin', and burnin', and snottin',

No comments: