Thursday, March 10, 2011

Decisions

Decisions.

They were much easier before I got married. All I had to think about was, "How will this affect me?"

Then, I got married. Then my decisions became secondary to his decisions. I stand by what I vowed on my wedding day. I respect him and submit to his authority when it comes to making the final call on da biggies. Call me old-fashioned, but the words you repeat on the big day actually have meaning behind them. Do people really understand what they are promising?

Then, I had a child. My decisions then became tertiary. First, "What does hubs think?" Secondly, "How will this affect Syd?" Thirdly, "How will it affect me?"

On a side note, I think it is VERY interesting that some folks keep making decisions when they are married with kids as they did when they are single. Sad.

I have some major decisions to make in the new few months... I have been pondering, praying, promising, rationalizing, suggesting, and questioning...I want to make the right decisions in accordance with God's will. Being in His will is of paramount importance to me.

Next time you are on your knees, mention to the Lord, "Please guide me where you want me to go, tell me what I NEED to hear, and give me the good sense to LISTEN and OBEY."

Much obliged. I'll be praying the same thing.

No comments: